ARMINES is a non-profit organization, enabling public higher educational and research establishments to entrust their contractual research activities to private organizations. ARMINES is part of a network of engineering schools overseen by the Department of Industry (Mines Paris Tech, Saint-Étienne, Douai, Alès, Nantes and Albi-Carmaux). With a total turnover of more than €47 million, ARMINES has held on to the top spot amongst the private contract research institutions affiliated to higher education establishments. ARMINES is also a member of EIRMA (European Industrial Research Management Association), EARTO (European Association of Research and Technology Organisations) and EARMA (European Association of Research Managers and Administrators).
The Centre for Energy efficiency of Systems (CES) is one of the research centre of MINES ParisTech, a major French engineering and management school, with research and education in energy and the environment. The CES was created at the end of 1976 in response to the first energy crisis, and presently covers a wide range of studies.
The following projects and activities will constitute a basis for our contribution in the project, regarding the application of life cycle assessment (LCA) to study the environmental performance of electricity grids:
• coordination of the European project REGENER, regarding the elaboration of a methodology to apply LCA in the building sector,
• coordination of the European project E-CO-HOUSING (life cycle assessment and design of urban developments),
• participation in several European projects, e.g. the PRESCO Thematic Network (Practical recommendations for sustainable construction), ENSLIC Building (promotion of LCA in building) and LORE-LCA (FP7 coordination action regarding LCA in the building sector),
• development of a life cycle assessment tool for buildings (EQUER, distributed by IZUBA Energies).
ARMINES’s role in INSPIRE-Grid: WP4 contributor; participant to WP 6. Part of the work will be carried out by Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris (ENSMP) as a third party.
- Bruno Peuportier - Key Person
- Patrick Schalbart - Key Person
- Guillaume Audard - Key Person